Soft and Hard Services
Whether you are a homeowner or managing a company, you have to realize the importance of proper maintenance and technical services to keep your house or building running efficiently.
Many services are unique to each company and vary according to the building size, location and type of the business. There are however some facilities, which are required to be done according to the laws and regulatory authorities of most countries. This is for the well-being, safety and health of all the
beneficiaries of that building; most of the times it proves to be useful for the company in terms of saving money and upholding a reputation.
These services come under facility management and are further divided into two main categories soft services hard services. So, if you’re looking out for the wellness of your home, your commercial building or your company, getting the hold on both of these service categories will be advantageous to you.
What are Hard Services?
Hard services are services, proclaimed as a mandatory requirement by the regulatory authorities of many countries and are necessary in the smooth running of the commercial properties. These are connected to the ‘physical’ aspect of the buildings and cannot be done away from the building itself.
Examples of hard services:
- Air conditioning
- Civil works
- Electrical services
What are Soft Services?
Soft services are not mandated by any regulatory body, rather the company and employees themselves decide to opt for these services to improve the company environment and to make the workplace friendlier.
Examples of soft services:
- Pest control
- Waste management
- External windows cleaning
What’s the Difference between Hard and Soft Services?
Hard services are necessities, which are crucial for the upkeep of any property. Soft services differ for every company and household, developed over time according to the needs of the commercial world and preferences of homeowners. Both are important in their own ways and should be considered to ensure satisfaction and for the smooth functioning of your company or house.
Importance of Hard Maintenance
Availing hard services will benefit you greatly. Here are some of the benefits of hard services:
- These services will prevent your equipment from breaking down and ensure longevity of your assets’ lives
- Working with a reputable company along with having an annual package for hard services will lower your long-term repair and maintenance costs.
- Your company will be running in optimal condition with increased efficiency.
- Safety is ensured.
Importance of Soft Maintenance
Similar to hard services, making use of soft services will not only benefit your company building, but you will be ensuring the safety and providing your employees a pleasant and hygienic work space and ambiance. Some of the reasons why you should consider availing soft services are:
- Cultivating a culture of no compromise on quality, safety, and cleanliness.
- Motivating employees and ensuing job satisfaction, which would lead to productivity in the workplace.
- Services like cleaning, decorating, waste management, etc. aids in boosting employee morale.
- Cleaner environment for your employees and visitors. This is important in the making of brand identity.
You should now be clear on the uses and importance of both hard and soft services as well as the major differences between the two. Outline the services that you need, by asking facility managers and taking feedback from employees or household to get the best out of facility management.